Please consult the SCCS & Preschool Family Handbooks for detailed information on Saint Cecilia Catholic School, including school policies.
In line with its commitment to the values and philosophy of a Catholic education and teachings of the Catholic Church, St. Cecilia Catholic School is dedicated to be a trusted and ethical partner with parents and guardians in the academic, spiritual, emotional and physical development of their children. Every effort will be made to provide each student with a caring and supportive environment in which a child can grow and strive to achieve their full potential. Open and reciprocal communication is the cornerstone of the cooperative partnership between our school and parents and guardians. To foster a successful partnership, we ask all parents, guardians and extended family members to adhere to the following Parents and Guardians Code of Ethics.
Parents or guardians of a student enrolled at St. Cecilia Catholic School will:
- Be the primary provider of the moral guidance and spiritual foundation of the child
- Model a behavior consistent with the teachings of Christ
- Abide by the guidelines set forth in the SCCS Parent and Student Handbook
- Assure that each child comes to school each day mentally and physically prepared to learn
- Encourage each child’s appreciation and practice of reverence, respect and responsibility
- Respect the dignity of each student, teacher, staff member, administrator and volunteer
- Treat students, faculty, staff, administrators and other SCCS families with respect at all times
- Trust that the school faculty, staff and administration are fair and competent, and will treat each student and family equally in a professional manner at all times
- Inform teachers of any problems or difficulties a student encounters with homework or school
- Work with the school in a positive manner to resolve all disciplinary issues in accordance with published school policies for the good of the student and the school community
- Strive to resolve problems with faculty, staff, administrators, other students or parent volunteers in a constructive and respectful manner, in-line with published school policies so as to not undermine the authority of the school faculty, staff, administrators or the parish pastor
- Understand that St. Cecilia Catholic School values acceptance, appreciation for diversity and tolerance for different cultures represented among the school’s families
- Understand and respect that school and staff will honor confidentiality regarding other families and students out of respect for those people’s dignity.